Jacq and Jing Katikaran Tours: Our First Run for A Cause

Enroll with PayPal - The Easiest and Safest for Online Banking Transactions

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Our First Run for A Cause

It has been 2 months since the last time I ran/jog; This time it has a cause, it was for Children with Cancer last March 112, 2011. I was invited by a friend and I was interested because it was my first time to join this kind of event.

It was early in May when one of the baristas of Kangaroo Coffee Company invited me to join a run for a cause.  Here's a rundown of the info of the run.

  
Event Title: Run for Wellness, Run for Life
Organizer: Gemz N Glamour / Skechers Resistance Runner
Registration Fee: P280





Me and Jacqui is so excited for our first Fun Run here in Davao City, especially when this run is for people with Down Syndrome. I've been planning to run or jog on my own but it bores me, I think this upcoming fun run events will be our regular exercise. We shopped at SM and found a great deal of discounts and we bought a Fila Women's Francine Running Shoe and My Reebok Trail Fogcutter for this event. We got these 2 pieces shoes for only less than 5 thousand.
Fila Women's Francine Running Shoe


 Reebok Trail Fogcutter


















We got our singlet on the same day, it's not as good as it was posted but I still love the cloth except for the print. If I only knew, I'll refer them to one of the best t-shirt printers I know for a long time (Camp Apo). Anyway, I'm still thankful we got our singlet before the run.


It was early 5 in the morning in May 22, 2011 when Jacqui and I arrived at Victoria Plaza for the preparation / warm up for our first Fun Run together.

It was a short run but it was a very fun run. As promised, below are the photos of our first fun run together.

  

The moment we arrived at the finish line, the refreshments are already waiting for us. Unlimited bananas. :)

One of the activities I enjoyed the most was the presentation of our friends with Down Syndrome, they dance with the tune of "Waka Waka" by Shakira. These guys are one of the major reason why this run is organized.
Here's a short clip of their dance:




After a very fun run, Jacqui and I went to Carmelite Monastery for an early Sunday Mass to worship and thank God for all the Graces. This church is one of the finest and solemn churches in Davao city. 


One of the things I love after the mass is the "kakanin" outside the church, Jacqui and I got bought us some kakanin while walking and saw an amazing restaurant; called "Taste of Malaysia". Frankly speaking, there signboard did caught my eyes because of their cheap and interesting buffet and made me thought of getting back there.

I'll be including this in my "to do list". If everything goes well, the next event Jacqui and I with some friends will be joining the "Nike Run in Davao City".

Thanks for visiting my blog. I enjoy sharing with you the things we did that day. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment